Home care is essential for those with any type of illness. When you or a loved one need home care, it’s important to find the best home care Rockville MD to provide that care. Just Divine Homecare provides quality, personalized services that range from companionship and light housekeeping to full personal care. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of service possible while maintaining their dignity and independence through all stages of life.
Our highly trained caregivers provide compassionate one-on-one care uniquely designed to address the behavioral challenges presented by Alzheimer’s disease. We can also develop life enrichment activities based on each person’s unique needs and likes that allow for daily mental, physical, and spiritual engagement. We offer in-home music appreciation and pet therapy as well as therapeutic massage that many clients find both stimulating and comforting.
1. What is Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s disease is a degenerative brain disorder that gradually erodes the sufferer’s long-term memory, causing them to lose their sense of time and place. It also destroys other parts of the brain, including those responsible for language, which leads to problems with speaking and understanding speech.
The first symptom is usually minor forgetfulness, which comes on gradually. As the disease gets worse over several years, it will develop into advanced dementia where there can be major personality changes as well as loss of memory and confusion – often leading to hallucinations. This can happen just months before death.
If you know someone with Alzheimer’s, it’s important not to take away their independence or privacy or question their judgment. They can still make good decisions most of the time if they are allowed to do so.
2. How to Care for Someone with Alzheimer’s Disease
When a loved one is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to providing care. Just Divine Homecare is here to help! We provide compassionate, personalized care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our caregivers are highly trained and experienced in providing quality care for those with memory loss.
Here are some tips for how to care for someone with Alzheimer’s disease:
- Make a daily schedule and stick to it as much as possible. This will help your loved one feel more secure and stable.
- Keep their environment familiar and as clutter-free as possible. Remove any obstacles that could cause falls.
- Encourage participation in physical activities for overall well-being.
- Provide healthy, nutritious meals regularly. This will help with your loved one’s memory and may even lead to healthier eating habits long term!
- Keep up on housekeeping tasks, laundry, etc., as much as possible.
- Be patient! Dealing with memory loss can be frustrating for both the caregiver and the patient. It’s important to stay focused on what is going well, rather than what has been missed.
- Be open to new ideas that may seem unusual or foreign. For example, a client who spent much of their life working in a bakery loved to bake, so we set up a baking station in their home. When they began having difficulty following our traditional mealtime routine, they would bake instead of eat!
- Most importantly, enjoy your time together! The best thing you can do for both yourself and your loved one is to spend quality time together doing activities you both enjoy. Alzheimer’s disease doesn’t have to take away the joy in life. Don’t forget to set time aside for yourself or a break, too!
- Remind your loved ones that their behavior is a result of the illness and try not to get angry when they “misplace” things. They can’t help it!
- Finally, it’s important to know when you need help. Sometimes a caregiver can become so overwhelmed or burnt out from providing care that they may begin neglecting themselves and their loved ones.
3. Why Choose Just Divine Homecare
When it comes to choosing a home care Rockville MD, it’s important to choose one that is reliable and experienced. Just Divine Homecare has been providing quality home care services for over 10 years. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care possible while maintaining their dignity and independence.
We offer a wide range of services that cater to each person’s unique needs, including companionship, light housekeeping, personal care, and more. Our caregivers are highly trained and experienced in providing quality care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia. We also offer a variety of life enrichment activities that allow our clients to engage in mentally, physically, and spiritually healthy activities every day.
We understand how difficult it can be to care for a loved one with memory loss, that is why our dedicated team of health care professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer flexible scheduling including weekends and holidays.
4. The Benefits of Hiring a Caregiver from Just Divine Homecare
Here are just a few of the benefits that come with choosing Just Divine Homecare as your home care provider:
- We offer a variety of services to meet each client’s individual needs
- We provide caregivers who are specially trained and experienced in providing quality care for those with Alzheimer’s and dementia
- We offer 24/7 availability to our clients, including weekends and holidays
- We make it easy – we offer flexible scheduling, which means you can work around your loved one’s schedule
- We provide weekday, weekend, and holiday care options for those needing 24 hour care
- Caregivers must pass a background check and interview process to ensure they are the right fit for you and your loved one
- We provide a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about home care services and discuss package options
It’s important to choose a home care Rockville MD that is reliable and experienced. Just Divine Homecare has been providing quality home care services for over 10 years, which means we are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest level of care possible while maintaining their dignity and independence. Our caregivers are highly trained and experienced in providing quality care for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia. We also offer life enrichment activities so your loved one can engage in mentally, physically, spiritually healthy activities every day! =>If you want someone who will listen to your needs as well as provide superior customer service throughout the process- then contact us today!